Toile Background

Friday, October 5, 2012

Fall and Crockpots Go Hand-in-Hand


Fall means back to school, extra-curriculars, including sports, and never enough time to put dinner on the table. For us, we have one son playing winter baseball on Mondays and Fridays, my husband playing softball on Mondays, gymnastics on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30, music lessons on Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30, and I have worship team rehearsal on Thursday evenings. It's nearly impossible for me to have the time to cook. 

Enter the crockpot! I love my crockpot! Probably one of my favorite kitchen tools!

I will say, though, that it isn't easy finding real, whole food recipes for the crockpot that don't have cream soups and other yucky things in them. That sent me on a quest this month.

And here's what I came up with - my October 2012 menu with lots of crockpot recipes: October 2012 Menu.

Our family loves a hot bowl of chili over Frittos (ok, so they're not real food, just comfort food) with shredded cheese and onions on top (only us adults add the onions).

Last night, I made potato soup with celery, onions, broccoli, cheese, and bacon. It was delicious!!!! And with the crisp, cooler weather, it felt oh, so good!

Our Weekend To-Do List
What will the Seiler family be doing this weekend?
  • Planting some fall seedlings in our new garden
  • Continue work on the future pig pen with anxious anticipation of the three Hampshire/Duroc cross piglets we have on order that will be arriving beginning of November.
  • Cleaning chicken coop
  • Picking up my daughter's new Holland Lop doe rabbit so she can begin her rabbitry. My son already has his two Mini Rexes and has his "business" started.
  • Washing both cars and getting oil changed in one
  • Visiting my husband's grandfather with alzheimers
  • Picking up school supplies for next week's lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment